Book Title: Essential Procedures for Emergency, Urgent, and Primary Care Settings, Second Edition: A Clinical Companion
Publisher: Springer Publishing Company
Author: Theresa M. Campo DNP FNP-C ENP-BC FAANP
This concise, easy-to-use guide illustrates how to perform more than 60 commonly used clinical procedures, including the newest trends in sonography-guided procedures in emergent, urgent, and ambulatory care settings. The procedures are consistently formatted, presented in step-by-step detail, and organized into system-specific categories for easy access to information. The second edition is the only resource that gives a comprehensive overview of bedside ultrasound, with two new chapters completely devoted to how it is used as a tool to enhance the accuracy of numerous procedures. Multiple chapters describe the use of ultrasound to increase the accuracy of a variety of procedures, such as locating and removing a foreign body in the eye or from soft body tissues. The second edition includes evidence-based guidelines for performing more than 10 new procedures.
Each procedure includes background considerations, indications for performing the procedure, how to perform it safely
and correctly, contraindications, required documentation, complications, post-procedure considerations, and patient education points. Original photos, actual sonographic footage, line drawings, and tables reinforce the written directions. "Pearls" and extensive references at the end of each chapter further enhance the book's utility.
New to the Second Edition:
- Chapters on the use of sonography to enhance the accuracy of many procedures
- More than 10 new procedures
- Four-color photos clearly illustrate each step in procedures
- Links to videos of surgical procedures are prominently displayed in the text
- Reflects latest guidelines and evidence-based practice
- Provides step-by-step illustrated guidance for performing 60 frequently used procedures in urgent care and in ambulatory, clinic, and office settings